STAG 2018 will host, as usual, the EG-Italy thesis award ceremony.
The aim is to recognize high quality thesis work in Italy, to motivate young researchers, and to offer them the opportunity to attend STAG conference for presenting their thesis work. This year two thesis awards will be granted (one for PhD, one for MS/BS).
We invite nominations of young researchers whose PhD/MS/BS thesis respect the following requirements:
- Subject in Visual Computing topics (in general all topics covered by Eurographics/Siggraph call for papers)
- Research mainly conducted in Italy or in collaboration with Italian institutes (at least one advisor must be affiliated to an Italian institute).
- Diploma granted between January 1st 2017 and July 31st, 2018.
To participate to the contest, researchers need to provide the following documentation:
- The name and affiliation of the candidate
- A pdf version of the Thesis (in English or Italian)
- The name of advisors
- Explicit mention of which publications resulted from the thesis.
The documentation of candidate nominations must be sent to the Thesis Awards chair, Marco Agus (firstname.lastname@example.org), not later than July 31st, 2018. Nominations can be sent by the candidate, the supervisor, or any other researcher. If you do not receive an acknowledgment, please contact the Thesis Awards chair again.
The Thesis Awards Committee will be selected between the members of STAG Technical committee. The Committee can decide, as an extraordinary measure, to increase the number of awards. The Committee will consider the quality of the work, the review reports, the quality and impact of the publications derived from the thesis, the completeness and coherence of the state of the art section in the thesis and any other relevant aspect of the work.
Awarded researchers will be announced and receive a 3D printed trophy at the opening session of the STAG Conference (where they will profit from a free registration and travel grant). They will be also invited to give a presentation during the conference.